Wednesday 20 March 2013

Tea Anyone??

I decided to try making a knitted tea cozy the other day, i'm a very new knitter (as in.. a month) but I was feeling ambitious! So I looked up a pattern and fell in love with one by Churcmouse Yarns and Teas. It is a lovely seed stitch pattern with a cute little I-cord top. I purchased the pattern and realized I didn't have the right needles for the project, I needed a set of DPNs (Double Pointed Needles). This started to make me nervous, I had never used DPNs before and if you aren't familiar with them they are pretty intimidating... But I was determined to make this pattern so I walked up to my local yarn store, Three Bags Full, and picked out gorgeous hand-dyed yarn and the appropriate needles. I'm happy to say that my mission was a success and I was able to produce the cutest tea cozy I have ever seen. I couldn't be more excited, I think it kind of looks like a delicious blueberry. What do you think??



No comments:

Post a Comment